Welcome to Bellingham At Home, our virtual village for vital adults
What is Bellingham at Home?
Bellingham at Home is a membership organization with the goal of providing assistance to help members stay in their homes, stay active and engaged in life, and be part of a mutually supportive community. Bellingham At Home provides practical assistance to help members stay in their homes. Importantly, we also foster connection and support amongst our members, volunteers, and the larger community. We are a program of the 501c3 Whatcom Council On Aging.
What does Bellingham at Home offer its members?
We provide members with:
- A single number to call for (a) access to volunteer assistance for helping-hand chores and transportation and (b) referrals to service providers recommended by other members who have had outstanding experiences with their service
- Opportunities to participate in social and educational events and member-initiated groups such as lunch bunch, Gifts of Age conversation group, Classical Music Listening Club, and Book Club.
- A membership in the Bellingham Senior Activity Center
- A chance to volunteer for others
- A voice in deciding how best to meet members’ needs
How can I become involved?
Become a member of Bellingham At Home. See details about membership criteria and benefits and the membership application form.
Volunteers are essential to operating Bellingham At Home! They are vetted, trained, and prepared to meet the members they will serve. Members are also encouraged to volunteer, providing whatever kinds of service they can do comfortably. See more information about volunteer opportunities and the volunteer sign-up form.
To be on our list for future updates, and for further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or (360)746-3462.