Membership Criteria and Benefits
Members must be 50 years of age or older.
Full Members (with access to volunteer assistance) must live within our area of service, the Bellingham Urban Growth boundary with extended coverage around Toad Lake and out Chuckanut drive a few miles.
We want both our members and volunteers to be safe while receiving/providing assistance. Our volunteers are not trained home health care workers and cannot do chair transfers, assist with personal care, or administer medication.
Members must be able to safely receive assistance from a friendly community member. Individuals who require specialized care from a professional (including but not limited to advanced dementia, inability to move without assistance from another person, inability to self administer critical medications like insulin) are not eligible for full membership.
Members receiving transportation assistance must be able to safely enter and exit the vehicle independently.
Social members are not required to live within the service area.
- A single number to call to:
- Access our network of volunteers to help with basic home maintenance, computer and internet assistance, family caregiver respite, help with pet care, and more.
- Request transportation to medical appointments, social functions or for shopping excursions. Volunteers can provide assistance during shopping trips and by carrying groceries into the house.
- Receive referrals to community businesses that have been recommended by our members.
- Opportunities to participate in social and educational events with other members and volunteers.
- Weekly emails with B@H event reminders and recommendations for community events.
- A membership in the Bellingham Senior Activity Center.
- A chance to volunteer for others
- A voice in deciding how best to meet members’ needs.
Bellingham At Home is member-driven and volunteer-powered!