What is Bellingham at Home?
Bellingham At Home is a non-profit membership organization modeled on the many successful villages now operating across the country that empower older adults to stay active and engaged while living in their own homes and neighborhoods. It is a program of the Whatcom Council on Aging.
What does Bellingham at Home offer its members?
We provide members with:
- A single number to call for (a) access to volunteer assistance for helping-hand chores and transportation and (b) referrals to vetted service providers with preferred terms and rates for our members
- Opportunities to participate in social and educational events and member-initiated groups such as lunch bunch, bridge, and arts and crafts
- A membership in the Bellingham Senior Activity Center
- A chance to volunteer for others
- A voice in deciding how best to meet members’ needs.
How can I become involved?
Become a member of Bellingham At Home. See details about membership criteria and benefits and the membership application form.
Volunteers are essential to operating Bellingham At Home! They are vetted, trained, and prepared to meet the members they will serve. Members are also encouraged to volunteer, providing whatever kinds of service they can do comfortably. See more information about volunteer opportunities and the volunteer sign-up form.
To be on our list for future updates, and for further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or (360)746-3462.